Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rustic Wooden Chair - Neck Tie Lattice



The great thing about "print" is that most of us who truly love rustic, vintage, western, and just plain decorating ideas, tricks, and hints will hang on to a magazine until the cover wears off! The photo to the left caught my eye from Country Home Dec 06/Jan 07 edition. The vintage wooden chair is revived with "neck ties" instead of the traditional wooden or lattice seat. Thoughts ran through my mind, what would I use - cowboy print fabric, leather, or something else more western? What about western neck ties? That would be a fabulous answer to resolve issues of too many ties that you can't part with.

Take a closer look at the this vintage chair, what a great way to reestablish an old chair that would be consider trash by placing something of treasure to you. What treasures do you have packed away that you can't find a way to display them? If they are treasures, why not display them in a useful manner that will serve to provide not only memories, but also provide functionality to you and your family. Recently, my dad passed away so I thought that I could use his jeans that I kept and make a lattice seat for one of my chairs or maybe several. It will serve as a means to provide honor and memories of my dad and also enrich the decor of my home.

Whatever you do, make it memorable for you and your family - above all enjoy decorating and living in your vintage and western decor home.

As always, H&M Valley Ranch would be more than happy to help you create this project. If you need us to complete the project for you, we can do that as well!

~H&M Valley Ranch Western Decor Store
www.h-mvalley.com
866-878-1317

photo from Country Home magazine Dec 06/Jan 07 issue. Written by Debra Landwehr Engle and photos by John Kernick

No comments: